Quinoa Pesto Bowl
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups raw curly kale, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
1. Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 cup water, and the quinoa to a medium pot. Whisk everything together, and heat over medium heat until it simmers. Turn the heat to low, and put cover the pot with a lid. Let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat off, and remove the pot from the stove, and let it sit another 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the lid, and fluff the quinoa with a fork, and set aside to cool.
2. Add the kale, garlic, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse them until well pureed. Stream 1/4 cup olive oil in with the processor running, and process until very smooth. Season the pesto to taste with kosher salt.
3. Divide the quinoa between 2 large bowls, and then top each with an equal amount of the chicken, tomatoes, and green onions. Add a few tablespoons of kale pesto to each bowl, and sprinkle with the almonds and parsley. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- NGS Team