Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
TIME: 30 MIN
Nothing in your child’s lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach & Minced Meat Hawawshi Recipe. Crispy from the outside with a delicious filling, this oriental-style sandwich will impress your child.
The large NGS Falahi Balady Bread is the perfect size for a Hawawshi that can last a couple of days. The bread also turned really nice and crispy from the oven.
- 1 baladi bread (cut in half) - OR NGS Baladi Bread - خبز بلدي/ مصري
- 1/4 minced meat or NGS Minced Beef- Fat Free (Chemical Free- Frozen) - لحم مفروم
- 1 small onions - بصل
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce OR NGS frozen Tomato Puree (chemical free) - صلصة طماطم
- 1 handful baby spinach (shredded) - OR NGS Baby Spinach (Chemical Free) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 2 tablespoon ghee (melted OR butter) - سمن بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a round or rectangular oven tray with parchement.
- In a medium bowl, mix minced meat with minced onions, shredded spinach, tomato puree, all spice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice baladi bread in half and open it to stuff it with the minced meat mix. Make sure to distribute the mix evenly between the two baladi bread layers.
- Place the two stuffed bread halves on the oven tray. Brush all bread sides with the melted ghee.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes, turning the Hawawshi halfway through. Let it cool before you slice it to fit your lunchbox.
- NGS Team