Vegetarian Fajita Tortilla
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion, cut into thin rounds
- 2 large or 4 baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt, cumin & garlic powder
- 1 tsp A1 steak sauce (for mushrooms, optional)
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- Optional: fresh red onion, hot sauce, cilantro, salsa
1. Heat a large skillet and a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add a dash of olive or coconut oil to the large skillet, then the onion and peppers. Season generously with salt, cumin and garlic powder.
2. Cook until softened and slightly caramelized, stirring often. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
3. At the same time, add a dash of oil to the medium pan, then add the mushrooms. Season with a bit of salt and once softened and brown (see photo), add a dash of A1 (vegan-friendly) for more flavor (optional). Remove from heat, set aside and cover.
4. Prepare guacamole by adding two avocados to a bowl then adding the juice of half a lime and a generous pinch of salt. Fresh cilantro and onion is optional.
5. Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven and you’re ready to go. Serve tortillas with peppers and onions, mushrooms, guacamole and any other toppings you desire such as salsa, hot sauce, and cheese or sour cream (for non-vegan).
- NGS Team