Staying Healthy and Detoxing Naturally
Hippo crates said it best, “All disease begins in the gut.”
So, if this is true and disease begins in the gut, aka your digestive system, then having a healthy and strong digestion is key. But let me share one secret: when the body is toxic, your digestive system is weak. So even if you eat “clean” and only buy organic and hormone-free foods, you are still breathing toxicity in this world.
We live, eat, and breathe toxicity everyday. Look around your home and think of the paint on the walls, the rugs, the pesticides sprayed on your green grass, the exterminator to get rid of the bugs, and even if you are chemical-free in your home, is your makeup chemical-free?
Even if you are totally chemical-free and using make up that is aluminum-free plus other non-toxic chemicals, we are still living and that means eating, breathing, and sleeping in a toxic environment.
Unless you feel that are ready to live in a bubble or a hyperbaric chamber, then it is time to implement the “daily detox”. Now detox is not a curse word or anything to be scared about; instead, it is exciting to think about your body and cells actually functioning. Detox doesn’t have to be about living on juices, water only, smoothies, or just salad or soup. Detox is about lessening the toxic load in your body.
When we are toxic our body cannot perform its job. The body cannot metabolize properly, detox properly, absorb nutrients and minerals, or stay hydrated. It is a vicious cycle. Detox is necessary to be healthy, happy, and free of disease. We all have some low level inflammation because, again, we breathe but, even more, so we stress in this busy world.
So, every time we stress, we create acid in our body, and our body is forced to pull mineral to buffer the acid waste, and then our liver, lymph, and kidneys begin to work hard to filter out the toxic load but what happens when the body is tired and clogged.
When your digestive system is not working and cannot break down these foods, it cannot focus on getting RID of TOXINS, and that means you cannot get rid of bloat and fat and skin breakouts and all that jazz that keeps you tired.
So here are my tips for staying healthy and detoxing naturally:
- Upon waking, drink warm or room water with lemon and 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar (if tolerated) and add a dash of cinnamon or cayenne.
- Start your day by being positive. Find a daily affirmation that gets you fired up. Try Louise Hay, Geneen Roth, Gabrielle Bernstein, and Marianne Williamson.
- Try getting quiet without yourself, even just for one minute, and say, “I release what does not serve me.” Hold your heart as you say this out loud and scream it if you want. Own that power.
- Drink fresh, green juices or make your own green juice with 1 tbsp chlorophyll and lemon and lime and water.
- Aim for one meal that is super easy on your digestion per day. Try a smoothie, green juice, or soup to give that digestion a rest.
- Get moving and shaking. Yes, exercise is one of the best ways to detox your body.
- Drink plenty of water & add lemon, lime, or grapefruit to flush the toxicity.
- Skin brushing is my favorite way to support the liver and get rid of those toxins
- Tongue Brushing.
- BE Happy and grateful for life.
- Caro Doss