Steak & Herbs
A steak for Valentine's dinner is never a disappointment.
- 3 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, or marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 grass-fed top sirloin steak (20 ounces and 1 1/2 inches thick), trimmed leaving 1/4 inch of fat
1. In a small bowl, mix together herbs, salt, and pepper.
2. Rub herb mixture onto steak and place in a shallow dish.
3. Drizzle steak with olive oil and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
4. Preheat, clean, and oil a grill or grill pan over high heat. Place steak on grill pan and cook 3 minutes. Rotate steak 110 degrees to make crosshatching grill marks, if desired, and continue cooking an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and continue cooking 2 to 5 minutes more for a rare steak and 4 to 7 minutes for medium-rare.
5. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- NGS Team