- 3 1/3 cups plus 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered psyllium husk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 2 1/2cups warm water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Vegetable oil spray
- 1 kilo whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whole-milk mozzarella cheese
1. FOR THE CRUST: Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix flour blend, almond flour, psyllium, baking powder, salt, and yeast on low speed until combined. Slowly add warm water and oil in steady stream until incorporated. Increase speed to medium and beat until dough is sticky and uniform, about 6 minutes. (Dough will resemble thick batter.)
2. Remove bowl from mixer, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand until inside of dough is bubbly (use spoon to peer inside dough), about 1 1/2 hours. (Dough will puff slightly but will not rise.)
3. Adjust oven racks to middle and lower positions. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and spray liberally with oil spray. Transfer half of dough to center of 1 prepared sheet. Using oil-sprayed rubber spatula, spread dough into 8-inch circle. Spray top of dough with oil spray, cover with large sheet of plastic, and, using your hands, press out dough to 11 1/2-inch round, about 1/4 inch thick, leaving outer 1/4 inch slightly thicker than center; discard plastic. Repeat with remaining dough and second prepared sheet.
4. Place prepared sheets in oven and heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake dough until firm to touch, golden brown on underside, and just beginning to brown on top, 45 to 50 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Transfer crusts to wire rack and let cool.
5. FOR THE SAUCE: Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
6. One hour before baking pizza, adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, set baking stone on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees.
7. Transfer 1 parbaked crust to pizza peel. Using back of spoon or ladle, spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in thin layer over surface of crust, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan evenly over sauce, followed by 1 cup mozzarella. Carefully slide crust onto stone and bake until crust is well browned and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer pizza to wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Repeat with second crust, 1/2 cup tomato sauce (you will have extra sauce), remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- NGS Team