Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
- 1 medium chicken breast fillet OR NGS Hormone-Free Chicken Fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 medium carrot OR NGS Carrot- Peeled & Sliced (Chemical Free) - جزرة
- 1 small green onion (or half a small white onion) - بصل أخضر
- 1 piece cardamom - حبهان
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 stick celery (thinly shredded) OR NGS Celery (Chemical Free) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 1 handful baby spinach OR NGS Baby Spinach (Chemical Free) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful lettuce - خس
- 4 slice rye bread OR NGS Rye Mix Bread
- sea salt (to taste) OR Eden Sea Salt (Portugese) by NGS - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place chicken fillet in a small pot with the green onions, cardamom, half the carrot, salt and pepper. Cover with water and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from water, allow to cool then cut into cubes.
- In a separate bowl, mix yoghurt with Dijon mustard, finely chopped celery and garlic powder. Grate the remaining carrot and add to the mixture. Add cooled chicken cubes and dried cranberries and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You may store it in a sealed box in the fridge to use as sandwich filler later on.
- To prepare the sandwiches, arrange baby spinach and/or lettuce on 2 slices of rye bread. Divide the chicken salad filling between the two slices, then top them with the remaining 2 rye bread slices. Press gently and wrap them tightly for the lunchbox.
Tip: Use the same chicken cooking method from this recipe to prepare nutritious sliced chicken sandwiches instead of processed cold cuts and other readily prepared meats.
- NGS Team