Healthy All-in-One Quinoa Salad
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Chemical free lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Eden organic apple cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped to a paste
- Eden sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Egyptian chemical-free quinoa
- 2 cups chemical free cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 green onions (green part), thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 chemical free cucumber, cut into small dice
- Goat creamy cheese, for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon Psyllium seeds
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
1. Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, thyme, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the salad to allow the flavours to meld.
2. Rinse the quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear. Combine the quinoa, 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, olives, green onions, red onions, cucumbers and dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before serving. The longer it sits the better the flavour.
4. Just before serving, transfer to a platter and sprinkle goat cheese, raisins and psyllium seeds on top.
- NGS Team