Do you know the feeling of waking up tired even after a good eight-hour sleep? Is your ability to concentrate for long periods becoming weaker, or are headaches turning into a well-known companion? These symptoms are becoming the norm for a lot of us, but actually that’s the way your body tells you that something is wrong and you need to pay attention to it.
Factors affecting our health; like pollution or stress, take time to change and are not always fully in our control, but there is one very important factor which is entirely in our own hands: our diet!
We are all aware of the truth in the age-old saying ‘you are what you eat’: the healthier your meals are, the better your mind and body will function. By simply changing the way you eat, you can change your life for the better.
Food that contains additives, preservatives and growth hormones disturbs our delicate biological balance and can cause fatigue, malaise and, eventually, serious illnesses. In our fast-paced world, we often don’t allow ourselves the time to make sure what we eat is actually good for us, and it is not always easy to find healthy alternatives that are readily available. We carefully select the gasoline we put in our cars, yet are often careless with the fuel we give to our bodies.
- Eat at least 70% of your daily meals raw .... uncooked nuts, greens, fruits, uncooked vegetables, etc.
- When u have to cook food, try to steam it .... when temperatures go above 100c, food starts to lose its nutrients and the healthy enzymes in the food get damaged .
- Try not to mix carbohydrates and proteins in your meals .... eat carbs with veggies, and proteins with veggies, Carbs and proteins are a bad mix.
- Chew your food as much as you can, and only eat till your 75% full.
- Never eat after 8 pm .... your organs go to sleep mode starting 6, so when you eat late the food stays longer in your system; which gives a chance to all the unhealthy stuff to go in your system.
- Wake up early and drink a 2 cups of water before anything else, then have a healthy breakfast 30-45 min from waking up .... breakfast is a must!
- Drink as much water as you can.
- Try to eat unprocessed food and food free from preservatives .... all those chemicals stay in you system and load your organs. They also hold on to fats and make you gain weight.
- Do one hour of sports or walking everyday.
- Make detoxing a habit .... once a week is good.
- Eat to nourish your system not to fill your stomach .... choose what you eat and make sure what you eat benefits your health.
- You eat to gain energy .... meals that make you feel heavy and sleepy are not good for you.
- Listen to your body and trust it, it will guide you to what's good for you.
- Eat a lot of nuts and dried fruits.
- Stop artificial sugars, or make them an occasional treat.
- Stop Junk food, Stop junk food, Stop junk food!